Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photoshop elements RAW plug-in help

I normally have my RAW setting to DNG, but decided to try PEF after reading a few of the latest "DNG vs. PEF" postings. I took a few photos in PEF, then tried to import them into photoshop elements 5.0. There were a few mixed photos on the SD card, both DNG and PEF. The DNG's got imported as usual, while a textbox then popped up afterward with a list of all the photos that were PEF's and weren't recognized by the program, so none of them were imported.
I got on the Adobe site, but failed to find a PEF plug-in for Elements 5.0. I then checked related topics, and found out that Elements 6.0 (latest version) has PEF support already built in.
Does anyone know of a source for a PEF plug-in for my 5.0? If not then I'll go back to DNG, as I don't see the need to upgrade to elements 6.0 at this time. Matter of fact, I'm considering another PP program entirely at the time I decide to jump to the next level, as there seems to be a more expanding selection of other software solutions.

Thanks in advance!

03-23-2008, 07:36 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well... nevermind!

I went back into the Adobe site, and re-read the application for the latest plug-in, and found out I was able to use it with Elements 5.0.

I just loaded it and started elements; it now accepts PEFs. Going into the advanced editor the RAW window comes up with slightly different editing controls than with a DNG, but pretty much the same effects.

Guess I'll stick with this for now until something much better comes up!