Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
VueScan

I have been helping another friend on my work forum to get a scanner. He was saying he was going to check into the software that comes with the scanner and I told him about VueScan. He said he probably buy that but wanted to know if it would scan multiple photos and save them as separate photos. Will it? And do you understand my request?

Thanks in Advance.

09-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yes it will, provided the scanner supports batch scanning. You can always use Vuescan in trial mode (with a watermark) before buying. Highly recommended!
09-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I doubt if it does what your friend need - it may produce a single file and then your friend will need to edit into separate files. However, I used VS a long time back and only with slide scanners, . so it might have changed.
09-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
Yes it will, provided the scanner supports batch scanning. You can always use Vuescan in trial mode (with a watermark) before buying. Highly recommended!
Thanks. I will pass the info on to my friend.

Yusuf, thanks for you input too. But the newer Epson scanners, especially those that do negatives and slides does allow for batch scanning of photos.

09-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Input | Batch scan

If you set this option to "All", pressing either the Preview or Scan button will preview or scan all the frames in the scanner. By setting it to "List", you can specify a list of frames to preview or scan.

If you set this option to "Auto" and you're using the Crop | Multi crop option, VueScan will automatically detect the list of frames that are visible in the preview.

Note that you can change this to "Off" during a long-running batch scan, this will then stop scanning when the current frame is completed (this is a better way to stop than by pressing the Abort button, as this will leave files half-written).

Batch scanning also works when scanning from disk files. In this case, the "All" option refers to all disk files named using a series of numbers (e.g. scan0001.tif, scan0002.tif, etc.). If the "scan0001.tif" file in the series is specified as Input | Files, the Input | Frame number will cause VueScan to reference the file with the same number.

Basic Option: This option is displayed when the scanner is capable of batch scanning or when you set Crop | Multi crop.
Crop tab
09-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Boris. I gave him the into you posted and gave him the link to this thread. Told him he didn't have to be member to read it, but if he had/has any questions, he could join for free. He might.. We'll see.