Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Shutterfly issue?

Ok I think this is the right sub-forum for this.
So - As I am getting back into this photography thing.... I finally got a private SmugBug account so I can use it to securely share photos of the kids with my family online and of course I am finding I am putting up a lot of my "photos" too lol. So I am digging out some old black and whites from a film camers like 15 years ago. I had it processed and the full digital files on Kodak. As you know Shutterfly recently purchased them and moved all the photos to Shutterfly photos. In kodak I had no issues "grabbing" a hi res image from these older shots and shots from our wedding but I had really not paid attn to the shutterfly shift. Until today. Am I crazy - or is there no way to retrieve my images digitally? When I download or grab them they are totally small lo res and whatnot. So frustrated. Any one else experience this? What am I missing? Would love to get the hi res' up on my smug bug website.
Thanks!

09-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want copies of your photos in original resolution, you'll have to order the "archival DVD", which I think is around ten bucks. I've always treated Shutterfly as a "last-resort" backup option so it doesn't bother me too much, especially since storage is free. It really sucks for you though--I wouldn't be too happy if I'd previously been able to download full-res files and the option suddenly disappeared! Info on downloads is in their FAQ here. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

--Steve