Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

sRGB not the same

I'm using identical color profiles in camera raw 7.1 as I am using in photoshop cs6

However, I'm noticing that after the files are opened in photoshop, there is a definite change in the color. It appears brighter, and some shadows which appear fine in camera raw are muddy (I guess) in photoshop.

I've verified both applications are set to :
sRGB IEC61966-2.1

It's set to preserve the embedded profile. I can't seem to find anything that would account for this brightening, but it's kind of annoying. Any ideas?

[edit]
Found this setting:
"compensate for scene-referred profiles"

Which seems to have been the culprit.

Last edited by crossmr; 09-21-2013 at 03:40 AM.
09-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
under Photoshop, did your check under View > Proof Color ?
If your Proof Setup has been sat to, let say CMYK and you happen to turn on "Proof Color", Photoshop will show you the color bases on what has been sat in the Proof setup profile. in that case, turn the Proof color off will help.
09-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not yet.. I was just working on an image (for the last hour) and went to open it in a plugin..but for some reason the plugin crashed..it just wouldn't load

Now, CS6 is sitting there spinning, and even though I have closed the plugin, it won't respond.. I think it thinks its still in the plugin.
I don't know if it'll autosave my image if I force it closed or not.