Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
removing chromatic aberation/purple fringing in Lightroom

can anyone give me the rundown on how to remove CA/ purple fringing in Lightroom. I just took a series of shots with the Super-Tak 105/2.8 and notice a line of purple along the edges of a number of people/objects in the pics. It was a very bright day, and I did not have a lens hood with me (if that would have helped). As always, any advice is appreciated.

10-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the "Develop" module, under "Lens Corrections", go to the "Color" tab and click the "Remove Chromatic Aberration" box. You may need to play a little with the sliders if the single click isn't enough.
10-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Wow...that easy, huh? Now I feel a little silly. But thank you very much!!
10-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The one good thing that I can say about Lightroom is that there is an awful lot of information (and videos) on line, that covers just about any topic you can imagine. Just google lightroom 4 and some topic like CA and then click on video and you have a list. Plus, there a lots of tutorial videos on line for it.

10-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

When using the manual colour picker to remove aberattions the auto box doesn't remove, you might find that wanted blues or greens might be rmeoved. You can put these back in using the Local adjustment brush and the Fringing parameter
10-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
Pentaxian

The checkbox is very good at lateral CA (yellow/red on the edges mainly) and there is no reason I know of not to just leave that on as a default, but it doesn't really do anything for purple and green fringes, which is what those other sliders are for, and you do have to take a few minutes to learn how to use them. (Watch the videos.)