Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #1

"Silver Efex Pro 2 has stopped working"

Just today I purchased the Nik Collection from their website, made the download, and tried to start using via Lightroom 5.

When opening an image in Lightroom, right-clicking on the image, and attempting to "edit in" Silver Efex (or Viveza, Color Efex, etc.), I immediately get a message that "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

Am hoping someone can advise me what to do.

Thanks,

P.S. Lightroom was closed when downloading from the Nik website. I've also tried restarting the computer since downloading.

11-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi,

What version of windows are you using? Is it 64 bit?

Also please uninstall and re-install Silver Efex Pro. (Download a fresh copy of the software , "Hopefully you have a copy of the registration key - Very important")

Please let us know...

Cheers!
11-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you Deedee for your response.

I have a 64 bit operating system, Windows 8, with 7.88 GB of usable RAM. I ordered the Nik Collection off their website and was sent an order confirmation e-mail. It doesn't include a registration key but has an order #. I've tried e-mailing their customer service and am waiting for their reply.

I tired uninstalling and downloading once again. Unfortunately, when opening Lightroom, and trying to use any of the Nik programs, I'm having the same issue. No luck.
11-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Antifreez,

Have you seen this url below:

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/answer/3212033?hl=en&ref_topic=3000839

Google has a fair amount of documentation for its software as I see here:

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/?hl=en#topic=3000839

I hope your problem is solved soon.

Cheers!