Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

DxO raw question

Hey guys. for some reason DxO isn't able to import my DNG raws. (I've downloaded the K10d body + all the pentax lens modules.) Do I have to use the PEG for it to work?

04-04-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, PEF only.
You can create DNG output, however.
04-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

DO NOT BUY DxO Optics Pro if you have a K20D

I've just bought and installed DxO Optics Pro v5 Standard too.

It recognises all my DNG files from my K10D body (with the K10D modules installed), but even though I've installed the Samsung GX20 module, the program doesn't recognise ANY of my DNG files from my nice new K20D body.

I've sent off the contact forms with details of the problem to DxO, but they seem very unresponsive. If I can't get the program to recognise my DNG files, then the program is useless to me. I don't use PEF files, as the rest of my workflow is based around DNG files. And I rarely shoot JPGs.

We poor Pentaxians are once again the poor relatives when it comes to support - If you have a nice new K20D, then DO NOT buy DxO Optics Pro - it is useless. The few adjustments that you can make to JPGs are no more or better than what can be done in Picasa or any other program - even Irfanview!
04-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DNG from K10D

You're right: if the dng was take with the K10D, DxOv5 can process it. Not when it's a converted dng, however.
Also, this wasn't possible with v45. So, sorry for the mix-up.

As for the K20D, it is not listed as supported camera. So, no surprise there, I would say.

04-27-2008, 03:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Which leaves me with the question - do I wait for DxO to come up with a module for the K20D and the ability to recognize its DNG files? Or do I try to get a refund, as the program is useless to me as it stands?

Hmmm - I'll give them a couple more days to respond to my query, then see what they say.
04-27-2008, 05:11 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Derridale Quote
Which leaves me with the question - do I wait for DxO to come up with a module for the K20D and the ability to recognize its DNG files? Or do I try to get a refund, as the program is useless to me as it stands?

Hmmm - I'll give them a couple more days to respond to my query, then see what they say.
I'd try and get a refund but with software it me be impossible. You may have to wait until they update their camera RAW files for the K20. The problem here is if they don't update the Camera RAW files in this program and make you buy another upgrade to get it then I would say you have wasted good money.

Good luck
04-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I would try my best to send an email to the company and see if they can promise you the update for that for free.

04-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Did that a few days ago. The only way you can contact them is through the "feedback" form on the website, which I did.

I'll give them a couple more days, as the weekend has intervened, then contact them again.