Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Forum Member

Slideshow maker software suggestions

I want to use something else rather than Powerpoint. I like the zoom effect from Prezi but it is cloud base. I need to create a portable file for no Internet playback.

Any suggestions?

11-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you want something highly polished have a look at animoto.com

It is a LOT more stylised than most other slideshow software. Completely automatic too. Not entirely free but costs are more than reasonable considering the professional result.

A few of my examples...

11-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I assume your main content is photos. Video software works well. I especially like using Sony Movie Studio, but iMovie will also work. And when you can mix in a few video clips, along with a little creative movement of the photos, it makes for a nice show.

Virtually the same thing I used to do with 3 projectors, a "computerized fader" unit, and a reel to reel setup 30+ years ago. But now it's even more flexible, and easier to distribute the content.

Last edited by DSims; 11-28-2013 at 02:46 AM.
11-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

on the cheap ...

If you have a laptop connected to your projector, freeware Irfanview will give you a really simple slideshow.

11-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I use Corel VideoStudio for really quick work. It has alot of flaws and smugmug doesn't like the mp4 output. I have to transcode using Sony Vegas to get it to an acceptable bitrate for Smugmug.
But when it comes to speed, it's hard to beat for me. I drop in 200 pictures, hit random transitions, hit auto pan and zoom, add music and kick off rendering.
Not as professional as Animoto, but works well for my needs.
It's also really cheap, around $39.
12-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Proshow is what I use. They have a couple of versions. You can do almost anything you want, from an avi or mpg file to a Blu-Ray disc or a YouTube file. It can be as simple as you want to as complicated, and at its current versions, it works well.