Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
Susan there are couple of tricks you might not know apologies if you do:-

first if you drag your mouse about in the develop histogram depending where you are you will alter the highlights or exposure or shadows or black or whites.

this can be a good way of moving a histogram towards a more "ideal " shape.

secondly I think it was mentioned before but if you follow these link you might learn something especially re your highlights levels.

excuse the links its much easier than typing it out myself

Develop Module Secret Lightroom Powers Revealed: The Alt/Option Key | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Training, Tutorials and Tips

The Magic Alt/Option Key in Lightroom | Mosaic

Alistair (adwb)
Thanks for the links Alistaiir. I have been working with lightroom for quite some time now and this bit about blown highlights comes up every once in a while so I just wanted to be sure that the histogram in lightroom can be trusted. You can never have too many links though.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
histogram, lightroom, photography, photoshop