Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I had installed version 1.1 in September, it's good news for AfterShot Pro users that Corel is still putting money into the program. One of the differences between it and Lightroom is that Lightroom has generic functions to handle DNG files from any source, so even if there isn't a built-in profile for a particular camera model, Lightroom can still open images from it. That universality and flexibility was the whole idea behind the DNG file format.

Yes, that's true, but the big difference is the price. Aftershot is about one third the price, that's good for us poor amateurs that can't afford Lightroom. If it doesn't support the DNG from the camera I'm using, I just switch over to PEF.

12-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bluestringer Quote
Yes, that's true, but the big difference is the price. Aftershot is about one third the price, that's good for us poor amateurs that can't afford Lightroom. If it doesn't support the DNG from the camera I'm using, I just switch over to PEF.
But it doesn't support either DNG or PEF for the K3 or the raw files of a number of other cameras as well. This means that it has been essentially useless to me for most of the time I have owned the software (I bought it at the introductory low price when Corel bought the software several years ago). It has been very disappointing since, properly supported, Aftershot Pro would be a fine alternative.