Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Picasa 3 updated with new PEF support

FYI, Picasa 3.9 (137.73) has just been updated with new PEF RAW file support so that you no longer get the pink side bar nor the weird colour shift (at least that's the case with my K-7 and K-5IIs files).

I assume that this update applies to K-3 PEF RAW files as well, but I can't confirm since I don't own that camera.

04-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by tom1803 Quote
FYI, Picasa 3.9 (137.73) has just been updated with new PEF RAW file support so that you no longer get the pink side bar nor the weird colour shift (at least that's the case with my K-7 and K-5IIs files).

I assume that this update applies to K-3 PEF RAW files as well, but I can't confirm since I don't own that camera.
I use Picasa 3.9.137, and it does not support the PEF files generated by the K-3. Previously, Picasa and PaintShop Pro (which I also use) DID support the PEF files that were created by my K-5. What happened? Did Pentax make a change to the PEF format in the K-3? Why? I thought my camera wasn't working when I first tried to view these new PEF files.
04-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeorgeG Quote
I use Picasa 3.9.137, and it does not support the PEF files generated by the K-3. Previously, Picasa and PaintShop Pro (which I also use) DID support the PEF files that were created by my K-5. What happened? Did Pentax make a change to the PEF format in the K-3? Why? I thought my camera wasn't working when I first tried to view these new PEF files.
This isn't just Pentax but everybody. All new cameras have a slightly different native RAW and RAW converter software is updated every few months to add new camera models to their support. Using DNG avoids that if you use Adobe products although Picasa recognizes DNG also.