Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mediachance HDR

I am just wondering if anyone out there has had some experience with MediaChance HDR site.
Dynamic Photo HDR, high dynamic range imaging software with Anti-Ghosting, Gallery and Sample images.

Its not a free program and thought someone may have been using it.
Any idea how it compares with Photomatix 3.

Thanks for any thoughts.

04-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
i been using dynamic hdr

Attachment 10629

Attachment 10630

Attachment 10631Hi Bruce how r ya,Paul from the central coast here.Ive been using Dynamic HDR program.Im still in the learning process but ive managed to get some nice touchs to my photos.Just thought id let u know that u can down load it and use the trial version free.I dont no how long it last but ive been using it for a couple of mnths with no probs.You can use the other version free but it wont let u save images just see what there like .So you can download it for free and give it a try yourself.Just thought id let you know. Hope its a nice a day there as it is here il be out takin some pics this arvo.Il try load a couple of HDR shots ive done. Nothin special just a couple of shots to show u the variaton u can get,
and it seems a great way to bring the details up in shadows.

Take care all the best Paul

Last edited by trumpyman; 05-06-2008 at 08:07 PM.
04-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Bought it, it is very capable, I like it much better than photomatix. The pin register warping is a killer feature for handheld HDR.

I've also found that the "halos" (like around trees) aren't as bad as in photomatix.
04-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I agree, Dynamic is the better software. I've been using the trial since the fall. I will do th upgrade soon (just spending too much on EBA/LBA lately)

04-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have tried the trials on dynamic and photomatix and I thought they were pretty similar results, but I did like dynamic a little better. I have heard really good things about artizen though, I haven't had a chance to try it. Has anybody here used it, I have heard it is a lot better than photomatix.
05-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I downloaded the trial version or fee, basic version a few weeks ago and have been playing around with it. I really like the results and think it is much more user friendly than Photomatix as well as the result is in most cases a little sharper and with the aligning feature, can get rid of some blurred areas, especially when shooting hand held or slow moving subjects like clouds.

I may buy the full version and see what the differences are later.

Jas
05-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for you input guys. Sorry I have been delayed in getting back.
Love those shots Trumpyman!
I have had a look into mediachance by the trial, and I agree that there is not much difference from {hotomatix. I was looking for any experience that somebody may have had that may set this one above others, me being a very inexperienced computer tyro. Still I think I will stick with it .

Again, thanks a lot guys.