Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Blue Tint when printing B&W - CS2 and Epson R1800

Hi everyone,
I am guessing this would be the correct forum for this. I also posted this on the other site so if you see it twice sorry.

I have a photo (see below) that I'm trying to print out for a co-worker (they want to frame it for their house). Now I have printed this photo before without any problem but I'm on a new PC now.

Here is the problem, every time I try to print it out I am getting a blue tint to it. I have a calibrated monitor so it isnt' anything strange with that.

My color management settings in CS2 are as follows:

The profile I'm using for this photo is the working space, Adobe RGB (1988)

Next, here are my "print with preview settings". I let CS2 determine colors and assign my printer profile

Then in my printer options I turn off all color management:

I've been trying all kinds of different combos and I can't get anything to work. What is even more frustrating is that I have a framed version of this photo hanging up in my house and the colors (or lack there of) are perfect. Anyone have any ideas?

It figures that someone actually wants a photo of mine to hang and I can't even print it out LOL

Thanks
John

Oh here is the photo I'm trying to print:
Boston Common in Winter photo - palmor photos at pbase.com
--
palmor's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

04-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I work in a printing company and I know that any of our 'production' model large format printers uses a mix of colors to create B+W. Ironically, only the very high end units we have can actually do a B+W, in actual B+W! Different brands give different hues to the images made with them, but it has nothing to do with PP. I'd suggest you probably are doing everything right, but simply need to find someone with a high enough quality output to handle it. Probably the best suited are the actual camera shops that offer photo enlargement and printing as they would be the most sensitive to this.