Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #16

Original Poster
Yes the plug-in force the camera to transfer jpeg only in demo mode. It can save DNG in full mode in both RAW and RAW+ camera mode.
Lightroom disallows users to change camera settings. The only thing it allows to change is a shutter release button. We have a remote control applications for other cameras but i will not mentioned them here since it's can be treated as an advertisement. We have the same plans for Pentax cameras. Sorry to be so unclear but i was warned and don't want to break the rules.
Thanks for the information.

01-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DNA Software Quote
Lightroom disallows users to change camera settings. The only thing it allows to change is a shutter release button.
Is that true, even with the Nikon/Canon etc tethering support built into LR? If yes, LR tethering sounds like it sucks.

May as well go with a direct remote control app like pktether and then just dump the images into a watched folder under LR.
01-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Is that true, even with the Nikon/Canon etc tethering support built into LR? If yes, LR tethering sounds like it sucks.

May as well go with a direct remote control app like pktether and then just dump the images into a watched folder under LR.
Tethering user interface controls are the part of the Lightroom.
Sure this is an option. And it's up to end user what to choose Smartphone or an ordinal wired or wireless RC control. CamRanger is not an option and looks like it will never be.
01-24-2014, 02:17 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
We need a user with one of the following cameras: Pentax K-30, Pentax K-5II, Pentax K-5IIs, Pentax Q, Pentax K-01, Pentax K-r, Pentax K-5, Pentax K-x, Pentax 645D, Pentax K-2000, Pentax K-m, Pentax K-7, Pentax K-20, Pentax K-200, Pentax K-100, Pentax K-110, Pentax K-100s, Pentax K-10

Only Lightroom 5 for Windows is currently supported. Please let me know if you interesting in earlier version of Lightroom. Mac is not supported yet.
Beta version can be downloaded here.

We can create a custom test tool for non mentioned cameras like K-3.

We're opened for suggestions.

I hope will not be treated as advertisement and this post will not be deleted.
down loaded lr 4 version and installed on my desktop ; on the camera to lcd it says Pc-5 on screen it says DNAPSR-exe _ Drive not ready
The drive is not ready for use, its door may be open, please check drive A make sure disc inserted and drive door closed.

this message keeps appearing even though lr is not active and the camera is disconnected.

how do I uninstall your software where is it on my HD?

i am not even going to try the lr3 version which is what I want for my studio laptop

Last edited by adwb; 01-24-2014 at 05:36 AM.
01-24-2014, 02:38 AM   #20

Original Poster
Here is the link to all Lightroom versions of the plug-in. K5 was already checkd. One issue with short shutter speeds was reported. Please share your experience with me.
01-24-2014, 05:12 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok. I will try it out this weekend.

Can you please download the plug-in, install it and start tethered session from Lightroom?
01-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #22

Original Poster
Here is the link to all Lightroom versions of the plug-in. K5 was already checkd. One issue with short shutter speeds was reported. Please share your experience with me.
We've just updated the plug-in. The issue with shutter display was fixed. The plug-ins available for download here

01-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #23
Veteran Member

We've just updated the plug-in. The issue with shutter display was fixed. The plug-ins available for download here
hi would you care to reply to my 3 post above ?
01-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #24

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
hi would you care to reply to my 3 post above ?
Sorry i've missed it. Please give me a moment to ask the developers.
01-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
down loaded lr 4 version and installed on my desktop ; on the camera to lcd it says Pc-5 on screen it says DNAPSR-exe _ Drive not ready
The drive is not ready for use, its door may be open, please check drive A make sure disc inserted and drive door closed.

this message keeps appearing even though lr is not active and the camera is disconnected.

how do I uninstall your software where is it on my HD?

i am not even going to try the lr3 version which is what I want for my studio laptop
The software uninstalling from genera windows uninstalling applications dialog.
01-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #26

Original Poster
The software uninstalling from genera windows uninstalling applications dialog.
The latest version of the plug-in don't have this problem
01-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #27
Forum Member

I've tried to provide feedback using a PM on this site and with the feedback form on your website, but I haven't received any response. Do you prefer that all test results are posted in public?
01-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by markkuk Quote
I've tried to provide feedback using a PM on this site and with the feedback form on your website, but I haven't received any response. Do you prefer that all test results are posted in public?
Sorry i'm just running out of time.
02-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #29

K-50 LR4.4 test results

So I was happy to see the k-50 recognized by LR but i could not get any photos to transfer from shots and after awhile it started shooting randomly over and over without my control untill i had to pull the battery out, Will not be testing again until an update if out but progress right?
03-15-2014, 05:35 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Am I missing something? Whilst the plug-in appears to work with LR5 and my K-7 (haven't tried it on the Q or K-5 yet), is there a test version that doesn't ruin the test photos with a huge watermark?