Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No plans from Capture One pro for K-3 file compatibility

I really Like C1 for its raw converter and other colour management tools and would prefer to use it as my editor of choice, but the K-3 raw files come out with wacky colours -purplish blues and horrid greens

So I asked them -
Hi Guys

Please tell me when support for the Pentax K-3 is to be expected.
C1 is the best raw converter on the market and it is frustrating to see my files come up in weird colours that don't seem to plague the likes of LR5 and DXO.
I want to use your product, have paid for top of the line software and it is frustrating not to be able to use it other than through a DNG - DNG conversion with Adobe Software.
Please tell me you are working on it and it will be fixed in a short time.

And this morning I got an answer -

Wayne,
I am sorry but I cannot say if/when this camera will be supported.
I will of course forward your request for this cameras support and I hope we can meed your expectations in the future.

Kind Regards,
Phase One Support

So that's a bummer

Does anyone else use C1? Have you found a way to work around the probelm? Converting DNG - DNG through the adobe engine seems pretty pointless, I may as well just use lightroom.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

02-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Capture One do this all the time. See similar threads for the K-x, the K-30 etc. Eventually they come to the party.

Continue to bug them about it and send them some of your K-3 DNG's for their tech team to work with would be my suggestion. It worked for me with the K-x several years ago. This, for example, is what Capture One Express would do to K-x DNG's:

Now it renders them fine. Ditto my K-5 DNG's.
02-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Their response /= your title. There is hope :-)
02-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I moved to DXO due to lack of K30 support.

02-26-2014, 01:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Their response /= your title. There is hope :-)
Yeah, I guess you are right. They may have a plan, but it doesn't seem to be an urgent one. My latest understanding is that they plan on compatibility with a new Version 8 release. So it looks like we will be hit in the hip pocket for K-3 compatibility with C1
02-26-2014, 03:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter

So, the buying cycle is: buy a new camera, buy a new software?
02-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
So, the buying cycle is: buy a new camera, buy a new software?
Seems so.
Not Happy Jan!