Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #1

Image viewer with MF and AF in EXIF?

Hi,

Currently I'm using Faststone Viewer but I can't see the option to include informations if image has been shot with MF or AF(S)? These informations I can see within Pentax DSLR but I don't know is there any program that allow that informations in external viewer for Windows, like Faststone Viewer?

Thank you.

Last edited by malenisjaj; 02-05-2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Typos
02-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Not an image viewer, but have a look at PhotoME - it should be able to show you everything registered in the EXIF.
02-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
What a pity. No image viewer. :-(
Thanks
02-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't have a lot of experience with different viewers as Lightroom tells me what I need.

It might be worth trying something like the Opanda viewer (opanda.com). I don't know if it has what you're looking for, though.

02-05-2014, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Integration with Faststone

QuoteOriginally posted by malenisjaj Quote
What a pity. No image viewer. :-(
Thanks
Well, you can INTEGRATE PhotoME with Faststone. Go to SETTINGS->SETTINGS->PROGRAMS tab and add PhotoME to the list of programs. Browse your images with Faststone just like normal, and to see the detailed EXIF information, use the "Edit with external program" option in the pop-up menu in the viewer screen and select PhotoME (or press the appropriate keyboard shortcut keys to open PhotoME immediately without using the mouse).

PhotoME also allows you to set it up as a Windows menu item, so if you want to browse images directly in Windows (assuming you have an appropriate driver in Windows that allows it), you can then just view the photos in the Windows folder, then right-click and run PhotoME on that image.

I agree with Savoche that PhotoME is an excellent tool for this.

-Joe-
02-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for this informations k0og, but it's not exactly what I have been looking. I want something that's already inside the program; for example, when you move your mouse to the right while viewing the image in Faststone Viewer, exif will show up. And when you move to the next image (without moving the mouse pointer) exif window will stay but, now, with the new exif informations for the new image.

It's irritating process to open image, open external program inside viewer, then close that external program, move to the new image in FS viewer, open again external program, etc.

Last edited by malenisjaj; 02-05-2014 at 02:04 PM.
02-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

You could try FastPictureViewer:

FastPictureViewer Professional | A Fast 64 bit Raw Image Viewer for Windows 8.x Desktop, Windows 7, Windows Vista & XP.
FastPictureViewer Professional | Download Page

02-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks rawr, but it also isn't what I'm looking for; exif informations are basic, like in FS Viewer. Seems like I'm gonna use FS Viewer+PhotoME after all.

Thank you all.
02-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The most recent photome version seems to be from 2009. Am I looking at the wrong site? Does that version read K-3 exifs? Thanks.
02-08-2014, 06:50 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
The most recent photome version seems to be from 2009. Am I looking at the wrong site? Does that version read K-3 exifs? Thanks.
It should unless Pentax changed the EXIF codes. It won't recognize lenses newer than 2009 however.
02-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks. I have reinstalled it confirmed what you say. I seems to read the data correctly but is unable to read a few items. It did my K3 sample file well but was baffled by a Nex 6 file as to the lens. It looks like the software has been abandoned. Does anyone know if there are possibilities of updates? I did go to the updates section of the software and updates were downloaded but I could not tell what their dates were.
02-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #12

Original Poster
Well, the best thing is to contact the author of the program and ask that.
02-08-2014, 07:15 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Thanks. I have reinstalled it confirmed what you say. I seems to read the data correctly but is unable to read a few items. It did my K3 sample file well but was baffled by a Nex 6 file as to the lens. It looks like the software has been abandoned. Does anyone know if there are possibilities of updates? I did go to the updates section of the software and updates were downloaded but I could not tell what their dates were.
ExifTool by Phil Harvey

ExifToolGUI

Software @TheZeal.com - Exif Stats Utility

ExifAuto
02-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you try right clicking on one of your photos in FastStone, chosing Properties in the drop down menu, then click the "Details" tab?