Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've found this site to be enormously helpful.
Lightroom Killer Tips | Lightroom Presets, Videos, Tips and News

03-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #17

Original Poster
cool. I'll check it out.

It looks like presets are something i'm going to need a lot of time to research/gather and implement into my workflow. If Aperture had a similar feature, i never got into it.
03-01-2014, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
Follow Serge Ramelli on youtube.

He is the boss!

---------- Post added 02-26-14 at 05:56 PM ----------

You could also watch Laura Shoe's video. She is pretty darn good.
Was going to mention this too. Has helped me more than anything. He has a very specific way of processing photos that when used to, it can be done very quickly. Biggest thing that I find from his technique is sharpening.... Sharpness=100-Luminance amount (minimum of 10). Then Alt+click on masking to define areas to receive sharpening and those that do not (like the sky).

Also look around at free plug ins for quick adjustments (and not free ones).

I do all my uploading to Flickr and Facebook from Lightroom. Allows you to make adjustment to a Flickr image and retain comments/faves/view count.
03-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Biggest thing that I find from his technique is sharpening
Same here. I learned hell of a deal including the sharpening technique also to mention in bold capitals - Digital Blending.

Cheers!

03-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been using Victoria's Lightroom, The Missing FAQs. You can find her books here.
03-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
B & H have some good videos on you tube, I thought the Getting Started With Lightroom 5 one was useful when I started to use Lightroom