Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Perfect Photo Suite 8 system requirements

Hi all,

I currently use Lightroom together with Perfect Photo Suite 8 and PS CS6 on a late 2009 21,5" iMac, but my system is now going slowly, so I'm thinking about switching to a Mac Mini due to the highly priced 2013 iMacs, and because new iMacs are not "user friendly" to expand memory (except the 27" model).

I'd like to know if someone has similar software on a Mac Mini, to share impressions about it. Specially because the MacMini has an integrated graphic card, and I don't know if this would be powerful enough. For example, Perfect Photo Suite recommends 1Gb dedicated video RAM, and OpenGl 4.0

Thank you.

03-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Hi there. I once wrote (sept 2013) to onOne support regarding my PPS7 software window blinking (particularly the working area) every time you move the mouse and they answered me with a list of requirements the software has to work properly. The list did not mention that a dedicated video card is required but it mentioned that you must have at least 256MB of "dedicated video memory" and there is the catch. When you're using an integrated memory card, even if you have more than 1GB available for video, the memory is shared.

Some time later I wrote back to onOne support requesting their recommendation for a platform upgrade and they simply told me that the software "did not work with some Intel graphic chips" and that I need to comply with the list posted under "Video Card Requirements and OpenGL" (Video Card Requirements and OpenGL onOne Software). It needs to told that the note posted in red was not there when I reviewed the requirements prior to the purchase of the license, it was posted some time after my emails.

Hope this comment give you a hint of what to expect.

Saludos,
J.
03-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you for your answer. I did contacted OnOne presales support just to make sure their software is compatible with
MacMini's video card, but the answer:

"It would depend on how much RAM and what processor you have for your Mac MINI. You will need a minimum of 8GBs of RAM."

As you see, nothing really clear.

Gracias.