Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone using Machinery HDR?

Newly updated to version 2.9. So far looks quite promising. Pretty inexpensive too. A good review can be found here: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/contrajur/31138815/in/album/631471

Last edited by Den; 03-22-2014 at 07:42 AM.
03-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Several years ago, I looked at a lot of trials and decided I liked Oloeno the best. However, I have to say that Machinery had a lot going for it. I see that that they have kept updating it since I last looked at it. The price seems reasonable - it might be time to see what it can do again. I have a couple of images that I want to try to do a better job with, and this may be an option.

03-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Newly updated to version 2.9. So far looks quite promising. Pretty inexpensive too. Review to follow with a couple of images.
I settled on Easy HDR 3 because it handled my tougher ghosting issues the best and seem to work better at alignment and just routine stuff that I ran into snags using other software. I tried Oleneo several times and all of the big-name HDR software, but I kept coming back to Easy HDR 3 and finally bought it.
03-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
Den
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I tried out Oleneo and Easy HDR and IMO but both yield poorer results. Also, Photomatx doesn't do as good a job without further tweaking. Oleneo and Easy HDR don’t handle combining images from several frames when large areas are over or underexposed. Easy HDR is not actually “easy” – the interface is convoluted, has lots of unclear options with technical names and it is hard to guess what they mean.

So far my tests show that Machinery, by far, gives the best image quality. I’m only curious whether or not the full version is as fast as the demo when processing large images.

03-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Oleneo and Easy HDR don’t handle combining images from several frames when large areas are over or underexposed.
You can manually align them. Very rare that I've had to do that, but can be done.
01-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #6

I’ve been using Machinery for a few months and I’m thrilled with the program. I like the presets and that you can spot a good effect right away – without fiddling around with the settings. There are a few shortcomings – there’s no masking effect and you have to switch to Photoshop for masking.
At this price, however, the software is unbeatable.

Version 2.9.48 is out

Changes:

* Added plugin for Adobe Lightroom.
* Better naturalism of HDR images.
* Improved deghosting function.
* Added watermark function.
* Added option for removing chromatic aberration.
* Removes halo effect around contrasting elements.
* Updated RAW library.
* Improved HDR function.
* Enhanced support for color profiles.
* Improved "Microcontrast" filter.
* Improved auto-exposition algorithm.
* Increased program speed.
* Fixed saving EXIF data.
* Added support for Multi-GPU.
* New configuration options.
* User interface changes.
* Some minor improvements and bugs fixes.