Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
03-15-2014, 10:57 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

ePhotozine is offering Perfect Effects 8 Premium Edition (FREE!)

Not sure if this is already posted but ePhotozine is offering Perfect Effects 8 Premium Edition photo software effects (FREE!)

It's linked on their front page. Tons of effects and filters... can do layers and saves .PSD files

Here: Perfect Effects 8

03-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice! Thanks. It seems pretty useful.
03-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #3

its a nice program, i dowloaded free some time ago, but it use a lot of ram.
The best feautere is the Dynamic Contrast Setting.
03-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, it can do some interesting stuff, especially with the layering abilities:

Attached Images

03-17-2014, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's a link to add on a bunch more effects and textures (hundreds more if you download them all) you can add on that the company gave me. Just download the files you want and click on the download to install them. Software must be closed first When you are downloading them, note that some are Textures you can use as layer effects, but most are Presets.

HERE: Extra effects and textures
03-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OnTheWeb Quote
That's quite a list. Any suggestions about what is or isn't useful?
03-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, there's a lot. I haven't checked them all out, yet, but these seem decent.

Inspiration Pack
PhotoTools Effect Pack
Professional Preset Packs (there are two)

I didn't download the texture stuff, yet, either.
It puts a bunch stuff in there that seems interesting.

Last edited by OnTheWeb; 03-17-2014 at 06:50 PM.
03-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What I did was go into the FastStone editor which I use a lot, and there is an option for <Edit with external program> which you can set up to dump you directly into Perfect Effects just by pressing the E key when you have any image selected. So you can do basic image stuff in FastStone, press the E key and it launches Perfect Effects with your image ready to go for more tweaking. Makes it pretty simple for those occasions you want to add some effects to an image.
03-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a lot there to play with! It is a pretty cool program, that's for sure. Thanks for the heads up!
03-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
There is a lot there to play with! It is a pretty cool program, that's for sure. Thanks for the heads up!
Yes, but be careful as you can get sucked in and hours of your life can somehow slip away.
03-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #11

Yeah, the program is just perfect and it really got me sucked in. ;-)
I cannot grab one matter though. When I use Lens Blur effects and the Lens Blur effect is not the first in the filter stack, I'm getting a "grille" in the final PSD, which is not what I wanted.
Also, no idea how to control the size of the Magic Eye circle.
Apart from above, one of the best effect programs I had a chance to use. It makes your pictures stand out from the crowd with only minimal effect application.
03-22-2014, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StefanMikes Quote
Yeah, the program is just perfect and it really got me sucked in. ;-)
I cannot grab one matter though. When I use Lens Blur effects and the Lens Blur effect is not the first in the filter stack, I'm getting a "grille" in the final PSD, which is not what I wanted.
Also, no idea how to control the size of the Magic Eye circle.
Apart from above, one of the best effect programs I had a chance to use. It makes your pictures stand out from the crowd with only minimal effect application.

Yes, the 'grille' effect is a bug... I reported it to tech support and they said it is on their list to get fixed and is in the next update. I haven't had any other bugs, yet.

Not sure what the "magic eye circle" is, but I'll take a look.

I really like this program.
03-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #13

I meant "Magic Eye Fixer" that is one of presets of the Adjustment Brush. I cannot see any way I could control the size of the circular brush.
03-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StefanMikes Quote
I meant "Magic Eye Fixer" that is one of presets of the Adjustment Brush. I cannot see any way I could control the size of the circular brush.
It's up near the top. You can change the size with a little slider that pops up:
Attached Images

03-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #15

Thank you very much! Now, I can use Perfect Effects to full capacity! The software has become my necessary everyday tool. If you want to see some samples, there are three sessions I used the program for, I hope you'll enjoy it.

I mostly create my own presents using, among others, the Tone Enhancer, Color Enhancer, Portrait Enhancer, Sunshine, Sharpness, Vignette and Adjustment Brush. Less often Lens Blur, Black & White, Grunge. There was a single photo where I used "HDR".

A session to cover the audience of a small club. Click for more

A session with a musician. Click for more

A session where I was the model myself. ;-) Click for more