Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-08-2015, 01:13 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
JP. I just verified that the download "original size" is the same size as the one that I upload....
Yes, since you are the original creator of the photo, there is a "one-click" download button on the Album List. This option is not available for other people except you.

Another point for your reference since I have been in dormant for my flick account for a couple of years (don't want to pay for something that I did not use); and recently came back when they offer "free" 1TB of storage service. I was under the impression earlier on that the image display resolution was capped (quality degraded) when other people view the pictures, but I don't think that is the case with flickr. I also compare Picasa (older version of Google+ photo), it did cap the resolution, so the photos did not appear as sharp and nice compare to flickr - another point that I don't like about Picasa is their interface; compare to flickr, pictures appear far better with darker background colour. Flickr also keeps track of the number of times that the photo (or album) has been viewed, it is a nice way of knowing how your audience respond. I am an event photographer, I need that kind of feedback for me to know if I did something wrong (or things that I need to pay attention to).

Another nice feature in favour of flickr is the ability to use a screen name instead of your real name; don't know if other photo posting sites have that feature. It is a BIG plus for me.... You might want to reconsider it; I am not trying to talk you into it... just want to share MHO.
Thanks for the update!

This is a very interesting feature, especially when the uploaded photos are the ones you'd probably "hand picked" and you'd want to have a way to "retreive" them, for whatever reason!

JP

07-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shuttles12000 Quote
I did try it, but Flickr applied compression to the photos, so my pictures whilst still 120mb in size were still much smaller than the originals.
Still it's better than nothing, especially if you lost your originals.
And if you are only going to be posting them again on another site and not printing them out, then it won't really matter. I couldn't really fault the pictures on my IPS 1920x1080 screen.
I think when you download the entire album (regardless of number of photos), they will all be compressed into a zip file. I am not sure if I am getting your point correctly.
07-08-2015, 06:44 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I think when you download the entire album (regardless of number of photos), they will all be compressed into a zip file. I am not sure if I am getting your point correctly.
You're probably talking about downloading one "original" image at a time?
I would have been surprised if one could download an entire album full of originals, albeit compressed.
Is this what you meant in a previous reply to me ?
07-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
You're probably talking about downloading one "original" image at a time?
I would have been surprised if one could download an entire album full of originals, albeit compressed.
Is this what you meant in a previous reply to me ?
JP. when you go to view your album list (large icon), there is download symbol, you click on it, it will start download the entire album (in zipped format).

07-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
JP. when you go to view your album list (large icon), there is download symbol, you click on it, it will start download the entire album (in zipped format).
Thanks gain for the reply !

I've got a brain short ....

So, if I click on that, it will start downloading the album ... no problem with that.
Then, will it have downloaded the entire album full of the originals at full size? i.e.: each of the image in that album will have been downloaded in original size?
Sorry about this. I am never quite "computer literate".

JP
07-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Thanks gain for the reply !

I've got a brain short ....

So, if I click on that, it will start downloading the album ... no problem with that.
Then, will it have downloaded the entire album full of the originals at full size? i.e.: each of the image in that album will have been downloaded in original size?
Sorry about this. I am never quite "computer literate".

JP
Yes. every photos you uploaded in its original size are zipped into a big zip file (in that album).