Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery
Help needed. Looking for good BOOK about Color Gamut ICC Profile Calibration Settings

Hello everybody...
I am looking for some good book or reading stuff about set up all equipment about color settings...
For example I am film shooter and want to do understand how to set up my scanner, what does it mean histogram, Color, White balance, levels, ICC profile etc...
I would like to set and understand all things about it. I am using Lightroom and want to know what and how use camera calibration profile. Where to get it.
Or with scanner some Film profiles... How to set monitor, how to set printer, how to set scanner, all basics and advanced things.
From taking shot to print photos... All parts of procedure
Thank You for any suggestions

04-03-2014, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I think you mean you want to understand "Color management" (Not the histogram, color, white balance. That has to do with developing the RAW file and post processing). Perhaps this book could help: http://amzn.com/B004P8J1OY
04-03-2014, 06:58 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Color management is indeed the subject I agree that the OP probably seeks. I have Fraser's above book, but it is getting a little old. Because the tools are evolving rather quickly, I'd suggest the OP seek out educational websites and tutorials.
Cambridge in Color has a nice color management section.

M
04-03-2014, 11:43 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Try looking on the websites for the mfg of the various calibration tools they have some very detailed e books and lengthy PDF documents on calibration, and the theory that might also be of interest

04-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #5
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
Yes thank You to all, i am looking than for color management I want to understand how does it all works... I´ve found and read a lot of about it on the internet but looking for some really good info in one book or at one place, where chapter by chapter i can find full explanation
04-04-2014, 03:15 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Color Gamut Mapping: Ján Morovič: 9780470030325: Amazon.com: Books

An Introduction to Color Management | Blurb Books

Gamut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
04-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
Thank You very much, I´ve just checked all three links... It looks like that Jan Morovic is the guy, who knows a lot about it

09-15-2014, 03:36 AM   #8
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
Yes, i have to agree that both are realy valuable and good things to read ... Thank You again
09-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I was very pleased with Tim Grey's book Color Confidence. It is a bit out of date, but you might still want to check it out. (Link is to Amazon.)
09-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #10
Inactive Account

I like this one, it's easy language and not too much content. Good crash course:

Color Management All About
10-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #11
Marketplace Reseller

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeW Quote
I was very pleased with Tim Grey's book Color Confidence. It is a bit out of date, but you might still want to check it out. (Link is to Amazon.)
Thank You Mike, i will check it...