Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Professional Memorabilia Service Recommendations???

A while (2 years maybe?) ago, I was researching online opportunities for photographers and I remember seeing a professional printing company that peaked my interest. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the company, but I'm hoping some of you can help me out or give me recommendations.

The site that I recall involved cloud storage for photographers, but the kicker was that clients, not the photographer, could access the photos, order prints, cd's, mugs, buttons, etc directly from the website. The photographer receives a small "royalty" from the orders that the clients placed. This basically takes any printing / print ordering / memorabilia ordering responsibility off of (me) and instead allows me to focus on just taking and editing the pictures. Since I only plan on doing this part time, I feel that this is a good intro to the business. I also don't plan to book events. Rather, I'll focus on candid shots, public youth sporting events (of course I'll engage the parents first), etc. I'll have business cards to give to the clients so they can access the website.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Can anyone help me to find a service that matches this? Are there any recommendations as to the best, most responsive, highest quality, best customer service?

Thanks, and regards!

04-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lot of online hosting services offer these options nowadays.
I use Smugmug, which allows viewers to order prints, t-shirts, and other products. Depending on the program you sign up for, the photographer can also set the retail prices for images and digital downloads.

Smugmug is a very popular, family-owned service that I've been with for 10 years.

If you end up joining use this link and you'll receive a 20% discount and I'll become a billionaire.

M
04-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote

If you end up joining use this link and you'll receive a 20% discount and I'll become a billionaire.

M
If you become a billionaire, my fee is a mere $50 mil. And a K-3. And a FA 77. And a DA 560. And a Sigma 300 f2.8.

Or just the $50 mil, I guess I can cover the rest. Fair?

Thanks for the reply and the recommendation. I'll check them out.