Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lightroom 3.6, Photoshop CS4 and DNG workflow

Hi there!

I've been using Lightroom for some time now, I just installed PS CS4. I shoot using DNG & JPEG with a K-r.

When I right-click a picture and select "Edit in PS CS4" either in the Library or in the processing module, a TIFF or a PSD file is exported, then opened into PS. The edited & saved file is then saved and appears as a new file into the collection.

My question is: LR is supposed to let DNG files be opened by CS3 and later versions of Photoshop.
I tried to reset warnings, preferences, uninstall & reinstall both LR ans PS to no avail.

I even don't have the box asking whether I want to open the file or a copy of the file.

Has anybody have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

05-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
G.T
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It seems the export to an external file (PSD or TIFF) is mandatory.
05-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I tried that with a different set of everything: K-7, DNG made from Adobe DNG converter on Lightroom import, LR 4.4, CS5. With that stuff, I finish everything I want to do in LR, then "Edit in CS5" and no TIFF is generated. Unfortunately, everything's different so that is not a lot of help.
05-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
G.T
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I installed an evaluation version of CS5, it produces a .PSD and opens it into CS5. The matter is, I end up with huge files which are not stacked onto my DNG.
Well, I won't bang my head. I'll find a solution later.

Thank you for the time you spent on this.