Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

DXO Filmpack vs VSCO Film

I like the idea of the VSCO Film (I don't need to export out of Lightroom and convert to TIFF).
However, I'm getting the impression that most people prefer the DXO Filmpack.

Anyone use both?
Which do you recommend?

07-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I myself am using Replichrome by Totally Rad. Still working with it...
08-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

VSCO is simply a set of LR presets.
DxO Film is a more powerful tool set, and depending on which version you have gives you a lot more features.

VSCO is much simpler to use and learn, but VSCO doesn't have custom color profiles for Pentax, and I think the colors are a little off using the standard profile.
Film Pack does a better job with B&W images than VSCO in my opinion, but I haven't tried all of the VSCO presets. I do a lot of my initial work in DxO Pro Optic and then send it to LR, so I can use Film pack in DxO Pro Optic as part of an integrated workflow. In my opinion DxO does a better job with color, WB, detail, & noise than LR when it comes to more challenging light conditions or image shot at 1600 ISO or over.

SLR Lounge also offers a nice set of LR presets and LR tutorial videos.
08-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #4

I have both, DXO Filmpack is better . Perfect Effects 3 and Exposure 6 are better too as VSCO (in my opinion).

08-06-2014, 03:20 AM   #5

Now (until august 15th) you can freely download DXO Filmpack3 Essential (as gift version).

https://www.dxo.com/intl/sony