Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apple Aperture K-5 Raw Processor

I have the latest version of Aperture on my mac, and I noticed that when I import my K-5 raw files, Aperture is changing the coloring and exposure of the image. It bleaches it out from what it should be (what showed on the camera screen). I am pretty sure I used to not have this problem, but it's been a while since I had last uploaded any images from my K-5 until recently. However, in between I did update Aperture from 2.x to 3.x, so that may be the reason.

Is there anyone else having this same issue? If so, is there a fix?

It reminds me of back right after the K-5 was released and there were some issues with Aperture's raw engine on the K-5 files, which was subsequently fixed in an update to Aperture.

06-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My take in it is that you are seeing the basic Raw file. To has always been that way through the K20D to the K-3.
06-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
I have the latest version of Aperture on my mac, and I noticed that when I import my K-5 raw files, Aperture is changing the coloring and exposure of the image. It bleaches it out from what it should be (what showed on the camera screen). I am pretty sure I used to not have this problem, but it's been a while since I had last uploaded any images from my K-5 until recently. However, in between I did update Aperture from 2.x to 3.x, so that may be the reason.

Is there anyone else having this same issue? If so, is there a fix?

It reminds me of back right after the K-5 was released and there were some issues with Aperture's raw engine on the K-5 files, which was subsequently fixed in an update to Aperture.
I have the K-50 and experience the same problem. Aperture changes the color, sharpness, etc., of my RAW files when importing. I haven't figured out why, but I will be experimenting with the import settings this weekend. If you have found a solution, please advise. Thanks.
06-11-2014, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The image you see on the camera is a JPEG preview. By default Aperture will use the camera preview

Attached Images

06-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The image you see on the camera is a JPEG preview. By default Aperture will use the camera preview
Thanks for the info boriscleto. I must have changed it to Standard Preview and Aperture is no longer usisng the JPEG from the RAW file. I will change it back to Camera Preview and hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks again.