Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #1

Printer for B&W

I bought a Cannon MX700 and it really works well. I also have an Epson R200 now sitting in the closet. I found a web site where you can buy ink carts for the 200 that will make it dedicated B&W printer. $80 for the carts and $80 for the cleaning solution. My question, is the R200 a good enough printer to put money into for B&W or should I look for something else? I don't want to spend $900 on a printer but so far that's the price range I've found to get a good B&W print. Does anyone know if there are any other printers out there that can do the job with out spending that much money?

05-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have been using an Epson 2200 for the last couple of years. Initially my b&w prints had a slight color cast which is/was typical with the inks for that printer;using an inexpensive RIP (Quadtone) corrected that. The next generations of Epsons use different inks and can deliver neutral b&w prints. I believe that some of the current Canon and HP printers do the same, but you are moving to the higher end of the product lines.
There is a b&w printing group on Yahoo; post the question on there. Those guys know more than you ever will need to know.