Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
wondering about Perfect Photo Suite ...

OnOne Software currently has a discount offer for its Perfect Photo Suite 8.5 Summer Bundle for $100. It seems to have a lot of nice features, but I'm uncertain if I need it. I use Adobe Elements 9 and have the Topaz Adjust, Denoise, B&W, and Detail programs. I'm intrigued by Perfect Photos Mask, Layers programs.

I guess my question is whether there will be too much duplication with all the groups to make it worthwhile. Also, is the Perfect Photo Suite any good and will there be a big learning curve from what I'm currently using ?

Always appreciate the sage advice I get from PF users. Thanks.

06-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Why not download the free trial and give it a spin?
06-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I have several Perfect tools that were released at some stage as freebies (Perfect Effects 8, Perfect Layers 2). They are useful and can be timesavers, even fun, but in looking at the software you have already, IMHO they won't add any great extra capability to your kit.

They also add yet another learning curve, and Perfect Effects in particular needs a LOT of RAM to work fluidly. Also you'll have a anti-theft software service installed on your PC when installing the Perfect apps, which might bother you.

However I agree with OregonJim. Download the trial, see if it works for you.
06-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have perfect effects 8, and it is not stable on my well maintained Win7_64 workstation with lots of ram, etc. It's the only application on my computer that crashes. I'd try the demo first before committing.

06-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
it's great software, i'll probably buy this as i'm going back to a mac with Aperture, i've used it prior to GIMP on both PS6 and LR5 and no worries mainly as a plug-in but it's quite capable for most as a stand alone imho. $99 is a steal for this bundle.

ENDS ON the 26th decide fast.

Perfect Photo Suite 8.5 Summer Special
07-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Okay, solved the color cast problems. A video card driver update put a spanner in the works but I got it sorted and removed the pics of the issue. I have been using PPS8 as a plugin with LR and am still scratching the surface. It integrates very well with LR and is stable. I've not had any issues with it at all. I bought it on sale with the hope it will one day be able to replace Photoshop. Hopefully enough people buy it and the dev reinvests the money to make that happen. Adobe's current licensing is not acceptable and I am hoping to be able to stay with CS6 until a true competitor emerges.

As others have stated, try the trial and see what you think.

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 07-06-2014 at 12:46 AM.