Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What Graphics Tablet?

I was using the Wacom Intuous4 for a few years until it was stolen a few weeks back. I've been checking out the models that are currently available and am lost/confused. Which would you recommend? Not a heavy user, but I don't want to settle for the cheap Bamboo model.

07-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use an Intuos 5 which has been recently replaced by the Intuos Pro line. It's available in 3 sizes. If you were using the Intuos 4, you should have no difficulty with the newer Intous models. For considerably more money, there's the Cintiq HD line. It's an HD monitor/tablet. It would be best going to the Wacom site for full descriptions. You also now have the option of the Microsoft Surface Pro lineup as well as other tablets and convertables from just about everybody. Many have screens that are Wacom pen compatible.
07-11-2014, 04:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I tried the Bamboo and you'd scarcely believe it was a Wacom. I have the Intous CTH-480, which is the small pen & touch. For my relatively modest needs, it's quite good. Nice feel and sensitivity to the surface and flawless drivers. (I'm on Win 8.1) My only complaint is with the button on the stylus. I know there's a catch 22 where you want it to be easy to press for ergonomic reasons, but I hit it by accident all the time.
07-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
i have the intuos pen and touch also, (small) I use it with my mac, and it's pretty good. I have no complaints about it. I don't use it a ton as a tablet, most of the time it functions as a touchpad, but i use the pen whenever i am editing pictures. It's nice to be able to switch back and forth.