Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2014, 01:18 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Lightroom-WB temp & tint greyed out?

I have noticed that there are specific points on the white balance values where the numbers dim or grey out, and they do not correspond to "As Shot." For example, I am looking at a RAW photo that shows "As Shot" values of 5550 Temp and 22 Tint. Carefully scrolling, I found that the 'greyed out' values are 5400 and 15, while the WB preset changes to "Custom." What is going on here--what does it mean to have the WB values greyed out?

07-11-2014, 03:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Generally dim values mean they are the 'defaults'. You'll see this for most of the sliders at '0'.
Double click on the slider and it should snap back to its default and the values will dim.
Change the setting and they turn brighter white.

If your default WB setting matches another preset, I would guess it would also grey out as it matches the "default" value(s).

Oddly, I notice that double-clicking the WB slider brings it to the default (originally "As Shot" for my test), but the preset text goes to "Custom". It never goes back to the original value of "As Shot". It seems like it might be a bug or simple laziness of the software to not remember the initial value. But seems to be "normal" behavior.

Regardless, greyed out does not mean inactive or disabled, as it would in most other applications.
Just one of the many issues Lightroom and Adobe has in general with regards to user friendly interfaces....