Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
CC 2014 Error on startup

I subscribe to Adobe's Photographers subscription service which gives you PS & LR. Recently they provided a install for "CC 2014". I installed it on both my laptop & my desktop. On my desktop "CC" and "CC 2014" both start ok and work. On the laptop "CC" starts ok, but "CC 2014" gives me the attached error message. Once I click "OK" "CC 2014" starts and appears to work. Two questions if anybody can help:
1. What is onCoreFoundation8.dll and what is the fix?
2. Is there any reason to be using "CC 2014" rather than "CC".
BTW, I did uninstall and reinstall, it didn't help.
TIA,
Steve Ellis.

Attached Images

07-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Catscradle Quote
Is there any reason to be using "CC 2014" rather than "CC"
Aye the CC2014 is the latest version with all the new goodies.

Adobe Photoshop CC new features | Buy Photoshop CC
07-26-2014, 02:47 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
FWIW, I fixed it, sort of. Some creative Googling lead me to believe there was a connection be this and onOne products. So I installed the trial version of onOne's Perfect Effects. This "fixed" the problem, I just hope it doesn't reappear when the trial period ends. In the meantime I'll try to figure out the real cause.
07-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The free trial version of Perfect effects doesn't end to my knowledge, the paid updated version just adds to the 9 free filters available so you should be ok. Also since you've upgraded to 2014 it isn't necessary to keep the Photoshop CC version on your computer any further as it is a complete stand alone version so your CC is just taking up a few GB of space on your hard drive. Just remember to re-install or copy any additional plug-in filters over from your CC plug-ins folder to the 2014 folder first.