Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
Forum Member

Digital camera utility 5

Hi all,

I tried out this software and seems it is the only software which can read the in camera image setting, which apply to jpg of raw files.

I tried to multiple process all edited images by right click 'multiple process' under the laboratory tab.

I save them as tiff but it seems the edit on raw files are not transferred.

I can only do one by one by click 'save as image processing'..

i am doing a timelapse so how can I multiple process all images?

hope i just overlook how to do it.. if you guys use this software how did you multiple process all images?

08-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkang Quote
Hi all,

I tried out this software and seems it is the only software which can read the in camera image setting, which apply to jpg of raw files.

I tried to multiple process all edited images by right click 'multiple process' under the laboratory tab.

I save them as tiff but it seems the edit on raw files are not transferred.

I can only do one by one by click 'save as image processing'..

i am doing a timelapse so how can I multiple process all images?

hope i just overlook how to do it.. if you guys use this software how did you multiple process all images?
anyone using this software?
08-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
anyone using this software?
No sorry not me, I'm Lightroom 5.6, Lightroom Mobile, ACR 8.6, Photoshop CC 2014 and Bridge CC person.
08-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #4

MTKang -- could you explain in more detail what you mean by "IN CAMERA SETTINGS" (what settings?) and identify what S/W will not read them? My memory says LR & PS show all the same EXIF data I see showing up in Digital Camera Utility for DNG RAW files.

I use the S/W but only just started to use it this month (away from home on vacation) because I bought a new K-3 and it came with it and I have nothing else to use. Maybe I do not know how to use it properly or fully, but I find it only adequate as a sample of what I expect to be able to do when I get back home next month and go back to Lightroom and PS.

08-24-2014, 12:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

From the 'Browser' view, select the images you want to work with.

Switch to 'Laboratory' view. It should then display in the tray at the bottom of the screen thumbnails of the images you selected (under 'Edit Candidate images').

Then process the first image with the settings you want to apply to them all. Then go to the top menu, go to 'Image > Copy Parameters'.

Then select all the images in the bottom tray and go menu 'Image > Paste Parameters' to apply the parameters to all files.

Then select menu 'File > Process Multiple Files' and select your file export parameters.
08-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this software available for download?
08-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edchristenson Quote
Is this software available for download?
Nowhere that I can remember. It's on the CD that came with the K-3.
You should be able to get ahold of a CD from your Pentax distributor for a token amount.

10-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I tried it and didn't like it. The big problem being I have to keep a help file open in order to figure out what the icons stand for -- they're not intuitive. Instead, I use Lightroom 5.6 and Elements 12.