Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
Forum Member

ICM and lens profiles

Hi all,
Despite searching I could not find any definitive answer except some home-made profiles for not-my-camera. I just got a colormunki which helps me calibrate my monitor, but would love to have an ICM profile for my Pentax K-50. I develop in rawtherapee. Can anyone help me? Where do I look, etc.

Thanks

Jim

08-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jimyoung999 Quote
but would love to have an ICM profile for my Pentax K-50
Have you considered using a device like the X-rite Color Checker Passport when colours are critical?

X-Rite ColorChecker Passport ? X-Rite Photo ? X-Rite Passport
08-19-2014, 05:07 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
See the RawPedia section on color management. DCP profiles created by X-Rite Passport or QPcard software are preferred over ICC profiles. If you really want to use ICC profiles, you can create them using the ArgyllCMS software and a color reference card.
08-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the help and the link. I would love to have the color checker passport but am trying to avoid spending money at the moment I am very happy with my calibrated monitor.

Interesting reading. I will read more deeply later, but it looks like I should get a DCP profile for my camera...

Are individual cameras that variant such that I want to make my own profile instead of one calibrated for my general model? (i.e., the K-50)

Thanks

08-20-2014, 12:32 AM   #5
Inactive Account

For less money, you can get a SpyderCheckr 24. I use the full SpyderCheckr. It works equal to the passport. The one with 24 colors just uses the essential primary colors. The full 48 patches have got flesh tones and pastels.

Amazon.com : Datacolor SCK200 SpyderCHECKR 24 : Camera & Photo