Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fuji-like look

Hi guys,

The last three years I've been shooting almost exclusively Fuji X100/X100s due to constant air travel for work. I fell in love with the size, ergonomics, and the OOC JPGs.

I've always felt that OOC JPGs on Pentax have been lagging, so I always shot RAW then processed in Lightroom. Even then, I still liked the Fuji colors better.

Now that I'm thinking about picking up my Pentax K5 again, any thoughts on camera settings and/or Lightroom settings that I can try? I still don't think Lightroom has Pentax calibration profiles.

11-13-2014, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #2

Darktable has "fujifilm like" base curve that you can apply to your image. You can also apply other brand's base curves, including Pentax. Darktable runs on Linux and on Mac.
11-14-2014, 03:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Capture One (both express and pro) allow you to choose fujifilm profile for development of any jpgs.
11-14-2014, 04:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Also RawTherapee (free) has a new "film simulation" function.
I know you're talking about digital, but there's so many "looks" there (strength can be dialed to taste) that maybe you can find one that suits your taste...
Here the relevant thread with some examples:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/32-digital-processing-software-printing/2...hald-clut.html