Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #1

Basic video editing

Hi All,
The only software I use right now for editing pictures and video is Lightroom. The problem I have right now is that I have many video but no way to make them nice enough to share. My main problem is that I do not have a way to stabilise them. Is there a cheap MAC software that can do the job?

11-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There's iStabilize, but that's hardly cheap...
iStabilize for Mac | MacUpdate

Also iMovie has video stabilization from the 2009 version, I believe...
Final Cut Pro X is much more expensive, but still does the job.
11-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #3

Original Poster
I will try iMovie to see how it performs. Is there a Lightroom equivalent for video that does a good job stabilizing video? I don't mind paying up to 150$ for a software if i know it will do the job. Final cut pro at 300$ is more that I would like to pay for a first video software. Thanks for the info LensBeginner... I had deleted iMovie from my Mac a while ago... now it's back.
11-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SuperSyx Quote
I will try iMovie to see how it performs. Is there a Lightroom equivalent for video that does a good job stabilizing video? I don't mind paying up to 150$ for a software if i know it will do the job. Final cut pro at 300$ is more that I would like to pay for a first video software. Thanks for the info LensBeginner... I had deleted iMovie from my Mac a while ago... now it's back.
...I'm afraid that the only Creative Cloud solution for video is Premiere... there's no middle ground as there is for photography with Photoshop and Lightroom...