Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #16

then I remembered incorrectly, thanks for the clarification.

11-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kjg48359 Quote
Nice start, thanks everyone. Duh, should have mentioned that I'm on Win7
Rawtherapee runs on Windows.
11-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #18
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
Only curious: why use digikam and darktable together?
It has been a while since I made the decision for that particular Workflow .
Primarily Digikam is perfect for accessing your archives
And I think the decision I went for Darktable was because of the profiled denoising which is superb.
profiling sensor and photon noise | darktable
Also does digikam have the graduated density plugin?
Workflow wise I rightclick the DNG in Digikam and open with Darktable--- Export from there as an 8bitjpeg. Once that has been processed by Gimp it is resaved as a jpeg with the image number suffixed with sh(sharpened) or cr (cropped) or db for dumb(downsized). Really quite a simple path with the DNGs remaining as my primary archive. And the edits in a secondary folder.
11-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by kjg48359 Quote
Nice start, thanks everyone. Duh, should have mentioned that I'm on Win7
Gimp, RawTherapee and digiKam run under Windows, darktable (which I consider the best) runs only on Mac and Linux. The last time I tried digiKam on Windows it didn't run very reliable, experienced a lot of crashes. There's one thing that's special with digiKam: if You choose You can use a mysql-database as a storage backend for your meta-data, so you can access digiKam meta-data over Your network. That's something not even Lightroom is capable of.

Ralf