QuoteOriginally posted by Rampage2k5 Quote
I think we all learned something from everyone! Have a good one
yeah, we got a list of different retouch technique/style to apply in the future

11-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
yeah, we got a list of different retouch technique/style to apply in the future
I agree - it is amazing how the same photograph can be translated onto infinite number of pictures - just based on the post processing techniques.. I think the post processing part - although an integral part of digital photography - it is actually another form of art, where an artist is actually creating his/her vision of a photo. That was a great experience - thanks!
11-23-2014, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #18
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Something different again

Last one...I promise.

Similar processing as last time, but some minor changes that I think improve on my previous attempts above.

Step 1. Set white balance in LR5 (+58)
Check white balance: No changes made.
Open in Perfect Layers 9: No changes (this just lets me jump between the different parts of the Photosuite from within PPS9)
Open in Perfect Portraits: Face detection on auto, set eye markers to whiten & sharpen the eyes only, set mouth markers and add some vibrance (+15), adjust the 'skin smoothing' settings down to a more subtle level to keep the character in the face, do some spot healing then save as a smart layer.
Open in Perfect Effects. Colour enhancer temp +4 to warm slightly, vibrance +15, Highlights set at 60. Tone enhancer to lighten the shadows, then the big softy vignette adjusted to suit composition.
In Perfect B&W the only changes were the default conversion then +6 brightness and +8 contrast.
Final sharpening was undertaken as a smart filter in Photoshop with masking of all but the hair, eyes and mouth.

Last edited by Tas; 11-23-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Add extra information.
11-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
it is actually another form of art, where an artist is actually creating his/her vision of a photo
totally agree !!! it adds the artist's personalities in the photo
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Similar processing as last time, but some minor changes that I think improve on my previous attempts above.
the thread is not closed, so your v2.0 is more than welcome and it's very nice, I like this B&W version, your changes are remarked !