Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #1

Ufraw

I'm trying to use ufraw under linux for my raw work, but i'm having trouble with the color management settings. There is a tab for color management, and a way to select the input profile which it says is the profile for your camera. So I went and pulled the icc profiles folder under the windows installation for the pentax software, and set it to the sRGB file (I forget the exact name of the file something like ITC-sRGB.icc). After setting the profile, the color is actually way off. The color looks better using the default sRGB found in UFRAW. What am i doing wrong? Where can I find the color profile for my k10d?

05-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #2

Original Poster
Ok, I actually downloaded the windows free trial of capture one, and they have a pentax k10d input profile included with the software. I pulled it into ufraw with a gamma of .45 and a linearity of .05 as per a flickr discussion, and the results are great! The colors are really good. Now I just need to create a profile for the monitor.
05-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm using the "pentax3.icm" profile that comes with the trial version of Bibble, with "use color matrix" unchecked and gamma set to 1.