Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Used laptop and Adobe CS6?

Looking at a used Windows 7 laptop. It has an i 5 processor with 8gb ram. On closer examination, it has Photoshop CS 6 on it. This moves the computer from a little over priced into a great deal. Since I am buying from a third party will CS6 continue to work for me without any serial # or keys?
thanks
barondla

12-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #2
Pentaxian

That depends on if it is a licensed copy or not. CS6 checks in with Adobe via ones internet to verify the licensing on start up, if it is a licensed copy then it should still work. Pirated versions will have a certain file's information altered and the firewall set to block information from the computer and Adobe. I certainly wouldn't purchase a computer or pay more for it's software without having all of the legal computer and software disks with serials. That's asking for potential problems down the road leading up to more costs.

As far as Photoshop goes the latest version and Lightroom can be used now for $9.99 per month on any compatible computer with any upgrades.

Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 12-12-2014 at 06:49 AM.
12-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Looking at a used Windows 7 laptop. It has an i 5 processor with 8gb ram. On closer examination, it has Photoshop CS 6 on it. This moves the computer from a little over priced into a great deal. Since I am buying from a third party will CS6 continue to work for me without any serial # or keys?
thanks
barondla
I would assume you would need to create a new account in Windows to personalize the features and functions to you rather than either using the seller's account or a generic one. Most likely that requires re-entering serial numbers etc. for software that would be new to you. So the seller should transfer his or her Adobe license to you including the serial number(s). Otherwise it doesn't seem kosher.

M