Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2014, 04:25 AM   #1
Pentaxian

lightroom preset problem

Hi,and a happy new year to all. I am new to lightroom. I have a new windows 7 PC and two monitors with LR5.7 installed. Today I purchased some LR develop presets,followed their install instructions exactly but when I click IMPORT in the preset folder I want them sent to, the WINDOWS EXPLORER box comes up (like it should),EXPLORER only shows folders in downloads , no pdf, zipped folders, etc. Yet when I click on WINDOWS EXPLORER on the bottom toolbar it shows all downloads on the second monitor . What should I do to make LR see all downloads as well? Any help will be appreciated,Thankyou.

12-28-2014, 05:30 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Have you copied them across into the correct folder (Develop Presets) for Lightroom to see them?

You can find where this folder is on a Mac by opening Lightroom clicking on Lightroom, Preferences, Presets tab and then button marked Show Lightroom Presets Folder, Windows Lightroom will have something similar.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 12-28-2014 at 08:59 AM.
12-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to extract the files from the zip folder.

Then on LR, edit/preferences/presets/show Lightroom preset folder/lightroom:

Then you have a folder: develop presets
And a folder for your brushes: local adjustment presets.

Copy and paste your presets..

Then click restart Lightroom.

Voilą!
12-29-2014, 03:39 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks guys, couldn`t have done it without your help. This is the first and last time I will buy LR presets,the majority of my own presets are better than the ones I bought! Glad I didn`t pay normal retail for them. Thanks again.