Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Scratching my head

I am using Lightroom 5 (latest version but not the cloud subscriber release). Normally I shoot in RAW but thought I'd play around with some of the in camera filters with RAW+. On importing the images, LR only "sees" the DNG files, not the JPG's. I've tried removing the "suspected duplicates" tick box, and All versus New on the import screen but cannot seem to import them. Causes me to scratch my head because when I do in camera edits I am able to import those files. I suspect it is because the files have the same name (but different extension).

Any suggestions?

01-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #2

Same issue

I had this same issue when shooting the in-camera HDR... I took it as a sign to not use that feature.. or I'm just lazy.
01-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I am using Lightroom 5 (latest version but not the cloud subscriber release). Normally I shoot in RAW but thought I'd play around with some of the in camera filters with RAW+. On importing the images, LR only "sees" the DNG files, not the JPG's. I've tried removing the "suspected duplicates" tick box, and All versus New on the import screen but cannot seem to import them. Causes me to scratch my head because when I do in camera edits I am able to import those files. I suspect it is because the files have the same name (but different extension).

Any suggestions?
I believe you're exactly right. I'm not sure how to create a default work-around, but I just choose "import" in Lightroom and go select the JPEGs from wherever they've been uploaded (I have mine sorted into folders by date in my general "Pictures" file on my laptop).
01-01-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Funny thing is it makes the copies to the proper destination, just will not import, not even after the fact.

01-01-2015, 12:58 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This one has been addressed frequently on the Internet. It's an easy fix.
1. Lightroom>Preferences>General
2. Check the box: Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos.

M
01-01-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you - thumbs up for that one.
01-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #7
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure if I've understood you right, but in LR4 there is a tick-box (unticked by default) named "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos" (under Edit -> Preferences -> General). That might sort it out?