Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,368
iPhoto crashes importing from K-50 in RAW

While I don't have much, if any problems with iPhoto importing JPEGs, it crashes importing RAW. It will get through most of the import, then instead of photos I get black boxes and then the whole computer just plain crashes.
I have tried a couple of the common remedies and they don/t work
Should I upgrade my camera's firmware?
Thanks.

01-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,177
Get rid of it and use this Adobe Photoshop CS2 Free Download - TechSpot
01-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Miguel's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Near Seattle
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,741
Mac raw file support is system-based, so you really need to provide more information here. What system version are you using?

M



QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
While I don't have much, if any problems with iPhoto importing JPEGs, it crashes importing RAW. It will get through most of the import, then instead of photos I get black boxes and then the whole computer just plain crashes.
I have tried a couple of the common remedies and they don/t work
Should I upgrade my camera's firmware?
Thanks.
01-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,368
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Okay, thanks for the suggestion but how does installing this get rid of my RAW importing issues?

Thanks.

---------- Post added 01-02-15 at 10:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Mac raw file support is system-based, so you really need to provide more information here. What system version are you using?

M
Thanks for the help.

I have 10.10.1

01-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Miguel's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Near Seattle
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,741
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Okay, thanks for the suggestion but how does installing this get rid of my RAW importing issues?

Thanks.

---------- Post added 01-02-15 at 10:13 PM ----------



Thanks for the help.

I have 10.10.1
Try following the instructions linked to within this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/27367412#27367412

It's very un-Mac like, but seems to work.


I've been a Mac user since the beginning and have never seen as many basic issues reported as there have been with both Mavericks & Yosemite. I haven't upgraded past Mountain Lion because of that.

M
01-03-2015, 06:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,177
QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Okay, thanks for the suggestion but how does installing this get rid of my RAW importing issues?

Thanks.

---------- Post added 01-02-15 at 10:13 PM ----------



Thanks for the help.

I have 10.10.1
If you install Photoshop, you won't have to use the Apple product.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
crashes, iphoto, iphoto crashes, photography, photoshop, raw, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems Importing from K-50 into Lightroom 5 pketch Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 01-02-2014 07:34 AM
Importing K5ii DNGs into iPhoto bobhays Pentax K-5 9 12-21-2012 10:07 AM
Shadow clipping when importing K-5 raw files chse Pentax K-5 5 11-10-2011 07:22 AM
Importing K5 PEFs into iPhoto dh87 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 6 08-03-2011 12:23 PM
Problem importing images into iphoto - purple haze devonteran Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 03-15-2011 03:44 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top