Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #1

Orbis Luminum

As a long time registered user of Mediachance's PhotoBrush photo editor, I received the anouncement of the company's new product (below) called Orbis Luminum. Since it's shareware, I downloaded the trial version and gave it a try. All I can say, IT'S AMAZING. While it's missing all the things you expect from a photo editor, it improves every photo I've tried it on. I don't know what it does, or how it does it, but everything I've tried it on looks better.

It's free to try, so check it out.

Steve . . .

Mediachance News Release ------->>>>>>

A week ago we released Orbis Luminum, a new standalone software for adjusting JPG and RAW photos using a quite original aproach - this time we wanted to create visually driven software where we can get away with the least number of sliders possible. We settled on exactly zero sliders, there is only one control called Orb:

Orbis*Luminum - add subtle light to the portraits and landscape photography

The following is the introduction to Orbis Luminum from the above web page:

Digital photography is unforgiving. The scene seldom looks perfect the way it was captured. Any professional photographer will tell you that taking picture is only the very first step. If you watch the professional editing his images you will see that he mostly apply, what would appear to a normal person, many very subtle adjustments.

The difference between fine and ordinary photography is in the very small details how our brain perceive the light captured on the image.

Orbis Luminum
Most people don't have much time to move dozens of sliders back and forth the whole day in any of the standard editing application. It is not always clear before-hand what will each parameter do to an image. Quickly without any thinking: what will increasing Black Point in Input Levels do? Does it brighten or darken the image?

We tried to make the Orbis Luminum as simple as possible.

There are no sliders.

There are no numbers.

There is only one control, the Orb.
Works on JPG or RAW images
Works on single image or batch of images
The Orb controls the mixture between Landscape and Portrait processing and between smooth and texture enhanced output. Underneath is our proprietary algorithm that does the rest.