Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Capture One v4.1 now supports K20D & K200D PEF files

This is good news for those who like this excellent converter, free update for existing users.
Capture One 4

DNG files from the cameras are supported but DNG support is not optimised for specific cameras, but the PEF support is optimised, so shoot PEF!

They also mention a new CA and PF correction facility, but I'm not sure if it is implemented across the board as they say "automatic" correction is only for selected Mamiya lenses at the moment, but then they continue to say how you can manually correct for CA & PF. I will check it out and report back.

I've checked out the lens correction, sadly it only works with selected Mamiya/Phase One lenses at the moment. The facility doesn't have a manual method for correction. It would be good if they implemented a method similar to the one in SilkyPix, where you can select a small area with CA and the program auto corrects.

I still find that SilkyPix is the most comprehensive converter available, but I would dare to suggest that C1v4 has the edge in IQ, especially with regard to dark area noise and has a veru nice HDR adjustment. SilkyPix are due to release v4 later this year and are currently soliciting users comments about desired additions/improvements in the SilkyPix user forum.
Program Suggestions - Shortcut Software Forums

Last edited by Richard Day; 05-28-2008 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Added link + report re: CA correction