Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #1

want to make a collage?

I'd like to make a collage of photos on one print for an anniversary gift. Can anyone please give me some direction on how to do this please?

01-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are a whole host/range of methods. The two I use mostly are:
(1) arranging prints on a white board and then fixing them to the board--generally partially overlapping each other. I use the Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film. And
(2) creating a large new file in photoshop and then pulling in images as layers, and moving them around, and then flattening the final image.
My preferred method is/was (1) but it was easier when I got a roll of film developed and had a bunch of 4"x6" prints to play with. Now w/ digital and thus my doing digital processing and printing, it is less spontaneous and I use (2).
Likely your preferred software may have something similar. Otherwise Photoshop CS2 apparently is available free now and it is very capable--but this is a long term commitment.
01-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
Otherwise Photoshop CS2 apparently is available free now and it is very capable--but this is a long term commitment.
So is an anniversary
01-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Shakey Quote
Can anyone please give me some direction on how to do this please?
It takes some people years, if not a lifetime, to learn Photoshop.
Make things easy on yourself. Purchase Posterino if you are on a Mac. If you are using Windows, I'm sure there are a few very similar products available.

M

01-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i use snapfish.com and they have built in templates for collage prints. Works pretty well.
01-13-2015, 07:18 AM   #6

There are many tools which can help you to create the amazing photo collage like iCollage, Photo Collage Maker etc. They can offer the template for special days like birthday.

Photo Collage Maker for Win- AmoyShare
01-13-2015, 08:25 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shakey Quote
I'd like to make a collage of photos on one print for an anniversary gift. Can anyone please give me some direction on how to do this please?
For something quick and dirty, Picasa has some collage tools ( or at least it did last time I dared to try it ). Even if you don't want to use it for the final product, it might be a good starting
point for trying different arrangements ( it supports random shuffling ). Once you hit on an arrangement you like, you can build a better quality version ( if necessary ) using Gimp ( also free ).

01-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #8

I have used FOTOR that I have downloaded for free from the Apple Store.
Attached Images

01-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Gezing Quote
I have used FOTOR that I have downloaded for free from the Apple Store.
Nice layout and poultry pr0n.

M
01-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Nice layout and poultry pr0n.
They may not be human, but they're wery, wery beauteeful.