Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2015, 01:50 AM   #31
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by R J P Quote
Lightroom 6 release date
The "word" is 9th March 2015.

02-22-2015, 02:17 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No mention of OnOne Photo Suite 9 as and alternative to LR /PS in this thread is surprising.
02-22-2015, 06:45 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
No mention of OnOne Photo Suite 9 as and alternative to LR /PS in this thread is surprising.
It is unclear from their website as to whether OnOne Photo Suite 9 has DAM capabilities, do you know how it performs for this function?
02-22-2015, 07:10 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxJax Quote
Reading this I am thinking What idiot does this?
Well I have always been annoyed by the second guessing of these programs. When I TELL you to delete, don't ask me if I am sure, you %$#^%$#^%$#^$.
I wouldn't press delete if I didn't want to>
Well last week I clicked DELETE, then I clicked ARE YOU SURE, then I clicked DONT BLAME ME, then I saw I TOLD YOU SO the whole folder was empty on my hard drive?????
I had been trying my K3 for a concert and sync'd all to correct WB. That's when I saw an image I no longer needed and deleted. I WAS SURE!!!
Luckily I still had the images on the SD card as I don't delete until in camera.
Oh the idiot that just typed this response would do this
In my case, everything was selected. I then clicked a single image thinking all others had been deselected. Then I went too fast and removed them all because they were all still selected.

We're not going to get an undo remove function because it would most certainly require major changes to how the catalog works. But if they could make it more clear what is highlighted and what is not...that would be a good step. Various shades of gray don't make it easy to tell what is and isn't selected because every other program on the planet makes it a little more obvious than that.

02-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Having just bought Lightroom 5 in December, would that count as a free upgrade?

Just wondering!

Tuggie76
02-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuggie76 Quote
Having just bought Lightroom 5 in December, would that count as a free upgrade?

Just wondering!

Tuggie76
Usually it's only after they announce the new release, knowing that no one would buy the previous version when a new one is due to come out in a month.

I assume you mean the beta. It's too early for the full release.
02-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dieseler Quote
It is unclear from their website as to whether OnOne Photo Suite 9 has DAM capabilities, do you know how it performs for this function?
That appears to be one of the improvments in 9. If it is as robust as LR, I don't know; I use LR's catalog because it suits my workflow. OnOne appears to be aimed at photographers who don't use those PS features geared more toward multi media work.

02-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
Usually it's only after they announce the new release, knowing that no one would buy the previous version when a new one is due to come out in a month.

I assume you mean the beta. It's too early for the full release.
The leak is that the product will actually be for sale March 9. Maybe the leak is wrong, or Adobe had a super secret beta, or they might be pushing testing responsibility on paying customers.
02-23-2015, 09:13 PM   #39
rfg

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
In my case, everything was selected. I then clicked a single image thinking all others had been deselected. Then I went too fast and removed them all because they were all still selected.
Yes this behavior has got me a couple of times too- not when deleting thankfully. I always assume it works like windows explorer where if you have multiple files selected then click one of them it de-selects all the rest, whereas in LR you have to click on an image that is outside of the current multiple selection.

Why it is surprising? This thread is "Lightroom 6 Release Date"
02-24-2015, 04:28 AM   #40
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by rfg Quote
Why it is surprising? This thread is "Lightroom 6 Release Date"
I thought exactly this but didn't say it.

You must be a mind reader in your spare time.
02-24-2015, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

I thought exactly this but didn't say it.

You must be a mind reader in your spare time.
Fair enough. There were some comments regarding dissatisfaction with LR so... at least one person seemed interested and if I can make a single contribution that helps just one person in this cruel cynical world then my life has meant something and I can die knowing that I made a difference, that I was able to ease someone's burden and sorrow, that I was able to open just one pair of eyes to the possibility of some small measure of succor and perhaps even a glimmer of something more than content resignation, perhaps a tiny glimpse of something that resembles genuine happiness, even if for only the briefest of moments; a passing, a shadow, a wistful phantom of what could be.

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 02-24-2015 at 11:57 PM.
02-25-2015, 01:00 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fair enough. There were some comments regarding dissatisfaction with LR so... at least one person seemed interested and if I can make a single contribution that helps just one person in this cruel cynical world then my life has meant something and I can die knowing that I made a difference, that I was able to ease someone's burden and sorrow, that I was able to open just one pair of eyes to the possibility of some small measure of succor and perhaps even a glimmer of something more than content resignation, perhaps a tiny glimpse of something that resembles genuine happiness, even if for only the briefest of moments; a passing, a shadow, a wistful phantom of what could be.
^
chuckle
02-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #43
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, I'm speechless... good for you!
02-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm not a LR user but I do appreciate updates and releases to major packages like this. Hopefully a release like this signifies a forward move in technology.

And maybe competitors will lower their prices on their own products to lure LR5 users. Competition!

I'd love to see a sale on Capture One!
02-25-2015, 11:44 PM   #45
Site Supporter

Now that's a great response. Well done!