Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2015, 12:03 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adobe Lightroom "There is a problem with the video file"

So, I wanted to share my humble experience on this topic.

Lightroom 4.4 on Windows 7, approx 1,5 years ago stopped importing videos. For a long time I was googling for some solutions -no results.

So I approach this topic in more deductive way.

What I have noticed, is that: Quick Time was playing avi from Pentax K-5 but without a sound. Windows Media Player was not playing them at all.

I started to remove one by one any type of software that could contain codecs. K-lite, Monkey Media, Divx, VLan etc... So I reached the point, were both QuickTime Player and Windows Media Player both played avi from K-5.

Now I reached the moment that LR4.4 also started to play and import videos, but without video but it is much better than stupid error...

---------- Post added 2015-02-25 at 22:26 ----------

Interesting, without MJPEGCodec, LR shows error. With codec - plays video files without video stream, but with sound

03-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #2

Original Poster
Update:
Ok, still no final and only solution. What I have found as of now is that movies in 1280x720 do not import and play causing errors, but movies 640x480 are processed well....

Update to update
But if I Import 1280x720 one more time... they start to work. not a real stream, audio is buffered first - nevertheless. Mystery contines.

Last edited by Belcik; 03-29-2015 at 11:04 AM.
07-27-2015, 09:23 AM   #3

Original Poster
So, I am a littlte stubborn. In the end I had to do fresh install of laptop, but I analysed the problem for Videos in Lightroom.

First of all, there are codecs that work in 64 bit and others working in 32 bit. Funny part is that the codec set that is used, most probably depends on the 64/32bit version of Lightroom that You have. In my case, the lightroom is 64 bit.

1. Case on old computer. Top picture is 64 bit codeds in action, bottom is 32 bit.

I see that 64bit software cannot play the file!.

2. Case on new computer. Top picture is 64 bit codeds in action, bottom is 32 bit.

Both codecs work the same.

Fresh install = Toshiba full recovery, all updates installed as of 27/07/2015, Windows 7, VLC + Quick Time player installed. No other codec packs installed.

Well, I do hope it helps somehow