Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by procyon Quote
I use Photoline32 (PhotoLine: Image Processing) for my editing.
It's quick, has a ton of adjustment layers for really non-destructive editing, supports 16-bit, colour management, and includes almost everything that I would use from Photoshop. And is a lot cheaper (69 euros IIRC).
Thanks for the info. I am going to download the test version and compare with Gimp and UFRAW I use today, as well as the paid DXO software I bought online.
Regards, Jan

06-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #17

How about ACDSee?

Thanks
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
GIMP for advanced manipulation, but I find the interface really quirky and hard to fathom.
There is a skin available called GIMPShop that will make it look like PhotoShop. Some people say that it makes using GIMP tolerable.
07-20-2008, 05:46 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alohadave Quote
There is a skin available called GIMPShop that will make it look like PhotoShop. Some people say that it makes using GIMP tolerable.
Unfortunately it's very buggy and I don't think it's supported anymore. The latest version of Gimp for Windows does have a more modest improvement, but better things are in the pipeline. Keep checking the website.

07-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #20

I recently downloaded and have done a little experimentation with PSP X2 and Elements 6. While at first I preferred the look and feel of PSP's UI, Elements has proven time and again to produce superior results in editing, especially some of the quick fix options.

On the other hand, PSP is less expensive and has HDR functionality that actually worked pretty well when I tried it, though I've read some reviews where folks weren't thrilled with the results. If you have any desire to do much HDR, that might be a big factor in your decision.

Both retail for right around $100 though I think PSP is available for less, for example recently advertised at a big box retailer here int he U.S. for $49.99. Also, as someone else already pointed out, it is true there aren't many books written for PSP, while there are quite a few for Elements.