Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
to update to PDCU v. 5.3.1 if I get the D FA 150-450mmF4 ??

Just so I get this straight ...

Presently using PDCU v.4.0 -- K5
Will likely get the D FA 150-450mmF4

Will I have to update to PDCU v. 5.3.1 ?
Thanks !!!

03-26-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You won't have to, but without the update the lens ID won't be recognized in the exif.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You won't have to, but without the update the lens ID won't be recognized in the exif.
Thanks for the reply.

I assume the newest version of PDCU is also included with the K5IIs and/or the K3?
If so, I'll just use that and update then ?

JP
03-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

PDCU 5 comes with the K-3, 645Z, K-S1, and K-S2, not sure about the K-5 IIs. The latter originally came with version 4.

I don't know if you can go from v4 to v5 via the online update, but I'm sure someone else does. I'd expect it to be possible since otherwise users of older cameras wouldn't be able to get the latest lens profiles.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-27-2015, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Installing Digital Camera Utility 5

Greetings,

I just installed Digital Camera Utility 5 on my WinXP and Win7 PCs by following this procedure:

1) Download the latest update from the Richoh web site.

2) Rename an SD card or USB memory stick with the volume label "S-SW140" and keep it in your computer. The installer looks on your PC for that volume label to allow it to run.

3) Run the Digital Camera Utility 5 update installer from your hard disk, or the media you renamed - it makes no difference. There are two installers in the download, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit, so use whichever is best for your PC.

It should install just fine, and you'll have the latest lens database. The utilty 5 seems to be functionally the same as 4 with a similar interface, but newer-looking buttons, so its use should be familiar.

-Joe-
04-04-2015, 04:49 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

k0og

When you say "re name with the volume label S-SW140", what exactly does this mean,and how is it done?

TIA
04-04-2015, 05:31 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sqideyes Quote
k0og

When you say "re name with the volume label S-SW140", what exactly does this mean,and how is it done?

TIA
In Windows, go to START->COMPUTER, then right-click on the icon of the memory card or memory stick and pull down to "Rename" in the pop-up menu.

-Joe-
04-04-2015, 08:03 AM   #8

While PDCU 5 didn't come with the K-50 or K-01, you can edit RAW images shot with these cameras using PDCU 5.

For JPEG or RAW+JPEG shooters, PDCU 5 can be really useful for determining your preferences regarding the JPEG custom image settings like Bright, Vibrant, Landscape, etc., and related parameter adjustments to Hue, Saturation, Contrast, etc. Just shoot an image in RAW and then open it in PDCU 5's Laboratory module to see how the various custom image settings and parameter adjustments affect the RAW image, and then transfer those setting to the camera.