Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-30-2015, 10:25 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

pktriggercord does Android

Just noticed that pktriggercord now has an Android version (experimental), to supplement its support for Mageia 2 (64 bit), ALT Linux, Raspbian and Windows.

I guess this may be worth watching if you need Android support and want to tether Pentax cameras that don't work with the Flucard (or aren't K-S2's, with WiFi built-in and custom Pentax remote support apps available).

pktriggercord itself is now well established and reasonably reliable. I don't have a smartphone or anything Android so can't test this Android port. Just FYI.

03-31-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
unfortunately still no K3 support
03-31-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dasPaul Quote
unfortunately still no K3 support
Nor K50... and only limited support for the k100D super, and no super for the k100d. I have the phone, but no compatible camera to test with.
03-31-2015, 12:03 PM   #4

In the source of the recent releases are some sparse code lines regarding the K3. But there is no full modell for the data registers like for the supported cameras.
Also K50 was tested in an older version [r275], as can be seen in the changelog :
Repository: code

03-31-2015, 12:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And to think I almost passed this software. I tried sometime ago on my linux desktop with my k-30 but did not get any good results.

Now when I read this thread and went to the site for the android version. I was surprised I had all the requirement. I had an old OTG cable that I have not used for over a year all of a sudden coming into use.

Sweet!